Dolmio white sauce is used commonly to add creaminess and richness to any number of different pasta dishes. To be sure that it can be used in as many of your dishes as possible, you might consider freezing some. But, is this possible?
Can You Freeze Dolmio White Sauce?
Yes, you can freeze Dolmio white sauce for up to 6 months. Portion the sauce into thick freezer bags, remove excess air, and seal the bags. Place the bags in the freezer until they’re solid, and then stack them.
Does Dolmio White Sauce Freeze Well? Yes
Can You Refreeze Dolmio White Sauce? No
How to Freeze Dolmio White Sauce
Freezing Dolmio white sauce isn’t as simple as just placing the jar into the freezer. To that end, here are some steps to follow that will make things easier for you:
- Ensure the Sauce is Fresh: Ensuring that the sauce you’re using is fresh is important as it means that your sauce will have great flavor while it sits in your freezer.
- Bag Up: Move the sauce from the jar that it was originally in to a thick-walled freezer bag. This will allow it to freeze more easily across its whole surface, and even freezing will prevent the sauce from freezing into an inconvenient shape.
- Shape: When the sauce is in the bag, shape it so that it’s fairly flat within the bag itself, as well as having a few inches between the sauce and the opening of the bag. This will allow it to expand during freezing without bursting.
- Seal the Bag: Seal the bag removing as much air as possible when doing so. The bag must be sealed so that the sauce doesn’t spill everywhere, obviously!
- Transfer to the Freezer: Carefully place the bag into the freezer, trying to place it as close to the centre as possible whilst also keeping it flat.
- Stack: When the sheets of sauce has frozen to solid, you can then stack them on top of each other or even on their sides.
3 Tips for Freezing Dolmio White Sauce
Now you know how to freeze it, we’ve got our 3 top tips which we strongly recommend following when freezing Dolmio white sauce to have the best results:
Consider Double Bagging
Double-bagging the sauce may be worth doing if you’re concerned about the bag breaking in your freezer. Thick freezer bags rarely tear, but if they do, another bag will prevent the mess from being too intense and tricky to clean up.
Don’t Worry About Splitting
Dolmio white sauce contains a range of stabilizers and chemicals which are specifically designed to prevent the sauce itself from splitting when it freezes and thaws. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about that happening.
Make Sure That Bag is Sealed Tight
Ensuring the bag is sealed will prevent freezer aromas from getting absorbed into the sauce that you’re working with. In turn, this will ensure that your food is tastier – it won’t taste like the assorted things in your freezer.
How Long Can You Freeze Dolmio White Sauce?
You can freeze Dolmio white sauce for around six months without any noticeable degradation in quality.
The reason that this sauce stores so well is that it’s totally liquid – there’s no solid for freezer burn to ruin the texture.
The sauce may become slightly thicker or thinner during freezing, but considering it is typically baked with sheets of pasta, this is no great hardship.
Once opened, keep Dolmio white sauce in the jar and secure the lid tight. It can then be left in the fridge for around 3 days.
How Do You Defrost Dolmio White Sauce?
The simplest way to defrost Dolmio white sauce is to transfer one of the frozen bags into your fridge. This transfer will raise the temperature enough to thaw the sauce while still ensuring it’s safe to eat.
You could also transfer the sauce to a microwave-safe container, and zap it on full power for thirty-second intervals until the sauce is steaming hot all the way through.
Can You Refreeze Dolmio White Sauce?
No, you cannot refreeze Dolmio white sauce. The reason for this is that it contains dairy, which is one of the food groups that can get contaminated while out of your freezer. In that situation, the food will not be safe to eat when thawed.
If you have a large quantity of the sauce, freeze it in small increments to ensure that you never thaw and refreeze the sauce.
Does Dolmio White Sauce Freeze Well?
Yes, Dolmio white sauce does freeze well!
By this, we mean that there is no noticeable degradation in quality between when the sauce is first frozen and when it’s thawed at a later date.
If you’ve still got questions about freezing Dolmio white sauce or white sauce in general, then these may help:
Yes, most Dolmio sauce products can be frozen. It’s important that they are removed from the jars that they were purchased in, however.
Once opened, jarred white sauce does not have a long shelf life. The good news is that you can decant it into a thicker freezer bag, seal and then freeze it.
Got a Question? Find the Answer Below: